Sunday night confessions

I have a reminder on my phone that says "Your Bag Needs Cleaning". I spend 30 minutes to an hour cleaning out my purse, workbag and Iolani's backpack.  I

While I'm going through my bags tonight, I'm finding four million (I'm likely exaggerating) tampons, mixed in with business cards, cough drops, and USB cords.  I'm so glad that I clean out my bag, because I'm sure that I'm heading off a repeat of something that happened to me in 1997, which I'm about to tell you about.

It was a cold day in Olympia...I was in the cafeteria getting my lunch.  I would always get Poulsbo whole wheat bread with mayo, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds and provolone.  It cost something like $2.37... and I always carried EXACT change. Since it was right before payday, I was paying for my lunch in all coins.  Coins that I kept in my pocket.  

So, I get up to the super busy  register to pay for my sandwich, I reach into my pocket and grab all my change.  (I don't know why I'm continuing to tell this story, you already know how it ends).  I go to hand the cashier my coins that I had counted to the exact penny, not realizing that I was also trying to pass along my cute little OB.  Ya, thankfully the guy said "I don't have a tray for those, so you can just hold on to that...."

Absolutely embarrassed, it was not in the cards for me to find a table off in the corner so I could regain a tiny bit of my 20-something dignity back.  I had to sit right by the register, and with every bite of my sandwich I had to look at the poor cashier.

Skip to today...  Iolani sees them in my purse and thinks they are anything from earplugs, white chapstick, or those little bullets in the foam gun toy.

In closing, I never talk about tampons or periods.  I just wanted to tell you that should you see me at any point this week, you should know that my tampons are in order in my workbag.  No need to look in the zippered compartment.