Toy Story 1, 2 and 3

First, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there willing to stumble by Ginny Here & There.
Second, there's a Yo Gabba Gabba show tomorrow at Nokia (I think) and we've got tickets.  Secretly, I'm hoping that Sarah Silverman leads the dancey-dance.

Third, Alex and I have been in Pixar hell for months now and I am going to tell you all about it.

It all started when we had Direct TV, and we recorded Toy Story 2 one evening. We watched it over dinner, and Iolani loved it.  She loved it so much that is became THE movie.  It was a welcomed relief over the 50 bazillion episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba.  But then....we switched from Direct TV to Time Warner and we lost the DVR and Toy Story.

Imagine our moments of despair when Iolani would fall to the floor screaming "I want WOOOOOOOODY" and all we had to offer was Monsters, Inc off of Netflix.

It all got better when I came home from work with Toy Story and Toy Story 2. I put in Toy Story (which I never saw) and we watched a brand new movie.  Then, on Saturday morning Iolani watched TS2.

Alex wondered if Toy Story 3 would be a good first movie to see at the theater with Iolani.  I agreed.  But, as of this past weekend none of the theaters in the neighborhood were showing Toy Story any more.  Of course, Alex was able to track down a theater in Norwalk that was showing it for $3 a person.  SOLD.

 I was worried at one point of the movie.  I really didn't want today to be the day that we would have to explain how a toy dies.  Iolani awesomely sat and watched the movie. At first she wasn't too thrilled for the dark lights and loud previews (seriously - does it have to be that loud?). Once she got into the pop corn, soda, and booster seat....and Woody and Buzz Lightyear - all was well. The whole movie was very good.

Can't wait to take her to the movies again!

1 comment:

meekorouse said...

definitely think the previews/ commercials before the film are too loud for anyone.