Weekend Wrap Up


What a very busy weekend.  I'll sum it up for you...

Friday
First, there was the workday.  After a week of meetings, almost meetings, and community meetings, Friday was spent cleaning up.  For those who think public hearings just happen, check my tweets - the Paper Barf Monster made an appearance, and like most vomit that I see - I cleaned and disinfected.

I wrapped up work, and noticed that my iphone was still just...um..just...fucked up.  There just wasn't any other way to explain it. After numerous restarts I realized the iPhone OS just needed to be reinstalled from scratch. I wasn't going to spend any of my workday for it, so it was just going to have to wait for the evening.

I headed off to the DLANC election. When I arrived there was a line into the alley.  I understand from all the tweets and facebook updates - it was like this for most of the time.  I voted, hopped the DASH and headed to the daycare center's family picnic.

The picnic was a total riot. There's 10+ 1 to 2 year olds sitting around a table all quietly eating.  And, you know that if it was just one or two of them, this quietness just wouldn't exist.  They just sat there and ate yogurt parfaits. I got a couple of pictures on the phone, but as you know...the phone was just jacked up.

After daycare, we met up with Alex and headed back to Mr. Ramen. I am happy to tell all of you that we did not experience any poopy declarations. AND THEN!  Yooooooooooooooooooooo Gabba Gabba!  Hosted by Japanese American Cultural & Community Center, Visual Communications and Giant Robot, Iolani got the chance to meet Muno, Brobee, and Plex.



Well, first she got to shake hands, but was a little freaked so the moment we walked away, she waved and shouted out "Hi Muno!!!!"  When we got back to our blanket, she wanted to go back. We walked back over to Muno, and she stood here behind the velvet rope and continued to shout out "Hi Brobee"


After two episodes of YGG, we took the Metro home. Iolani found it difficult to go and stay asleep.  But, she did sleep in until 10.  WOO-WEE!


Saturday night we headed out to Lolo's and Lola's to watch fireworks at SMC. This was Iolani's first time with fireworks, and needless to say that it didn't go over well.  Alex and Iolani ran from the fireworks, to the back of the football field to escape the sound, but enjoy the visual.


Sunday, well - it was a good day until the Dodgers totally lost the game to the freaking yankees.  Iolani woke up at 5 this morning, and promptly fell asleep on Alex's way to church. So, they came back. I set her in bed and she quickly woke up. Rather than pack up and walk into church 1/2 way over, we headed out to the "meet your neighbor day" at Pershing Square.


She did finally fall asleep, and she slept for three hours. Once she woke up we headed out to the ill-fated yankees v Dodgers game. She enjoyed most of the game, like the ice cream and hot dog part.  Also, Javier (a ball boy) gave her a baseball. It was her first baseball. 


Back at home, getting ready for bed - she was in the tub.  Her thing right now is to watch the little bits of water pour out of the facet. At the end of tub time she watches the water slowly go down the drain, and she asks "where'd it go?" 


I'm sure a typical parent would just answer with a "It went down the drain". Which is right, but seriously - where did the water go?  It went to the sewer, where it will be cleaned and delivered to the ocean. The first time she asked about where the water went, I replied: The Sewer. 


She seemed satisfied with the answer. Tonight I replied "to the Sewer and then the Ocean". She really liked that. The Ocean? She said... I said "Yes!" She says: "With the Fish?"  I agreed.  She then plopped down and stared at the drain with even more enthusiasm than before.

When she asks those kinds of questions that little kids ask - I'm amused (not in a funny way, but in an intriguing moment of awe) and I wonder how did she get to the point where she knows to ask the question.  It's one thing to wonder - where does the water go when it leaves the tub.  It's another thing to both wonder where the water went AND asked me if I know where the water went.


Which beg the next question - what gave her the idea that Alex and I have all the answers to her questions?!?!?  OMG, what the hell did we get ourselves into?


The bigger question: When will the Dodgers get their shit together. I blame the McCourts. 

4 comments:

志穎志穎 said...

欣賞是一種美德~回應是最大的支持^^....................................................................

Fabricio Ferraz said...

I love that article,
thanks :)
Carol

雅慧雅慧 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼............................................................

法邦法邦 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。............................................................