The Cargo Bag

Last weekend Alex was poked by the stroller bag. One of the little footies had come off, and was exposing the bottom of a screw. I removed the part, and then went online to order a new cargo bag.

Before I ordered the bag, I thought to email Orbit and let them know why I was ordering a new bag.

And, here’s the reply:

Hello Ginny,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and for choosing Orbit Baby. I am so sorry to hear about your Cargo Pod and would be happy to have a new one sent to you. Please just provide me with the color. Also, is the address below fine to use?

We appreciate your patience.

Best,

Claire
Orbit Baby


This is not the only reason why this stroller is awesome. A small part of the stroller came apart, and Orbit hopped right on it to get it fixed. They could have just send a replacement screw and footie and I would have fixed it myself…but noooooo. ☺ They send a replacement bag.

Orbit’s customer service…ah….ah….ah…. Orbit has always had an upbeat tone. I’ve never had someone in a bad mood pick up the phone. Their customer service is just like their product: soothing and relaxing, and without question – the best out there.

I remember all the guilt I felt about getting this stroller. Alex and I agonized about it, but we knew that whatever stroller we ended up getting, we would spend a great deal of time with it. We knew we would be on the train, the sidewalk, car trips, in grocery stores and art galleries.

We love the fact is folds up small, quick, and light. Now that Iolani is eating messy foods, we love that we can quickly wash and wipe it.

I was looking at the stroller last night, thinking back to the first time we put Iolani in it. The stroller base has a couple of nicks and scratches, but overall – it has far exceeded our expectations.

I love how it has grown with Iolani. Once we could get her out of the infant seat and into the toddler seat, we didn’t have to get used to a whole new stroller. The cargo bag was an extension of the changing table and kitchen sink, and as she’s grown the cargo bag remains and her collection of food and diapers has gotten larger.

Occasionally people will ask us about the stroller. Off the bat I tell them it’s worth every penny. We get to show the key features: the Swivel (!!!), the removable arm, how it reclines, and the cargo bag. The swivel is the most admired feature.

I’ll just say one more thing before I close this blog entry.

I’ve never had stroller envy. Our stroller could kick your stroller’s ass any day.

2 comments:

caryn said...

Hi
I LOVE my Orbit too I have all the pieces and love when I get to show people, I also agree it is worth every penny! We also have had the best experience with Orbit customer service. When my daughter was one week old we went to take her out in her stroller for the first time and discovered that one of the black bar were broken, we contacted Orbit thinking they would send a new bar but the sent a new stroller and payed to have the broken one sent back!
PS ~ I found your blog though Obrit Baby's twitter page.

MB said...

Sounds like a Consumerist.com "above and beyond" story.