Happy New Year!

Interesting days here at the Brideau/Case house. I spent three nights and two days across the 110 at Good Sam. I was sitting at the dining room table having a phone conversation one minute, and the next I was garbling up all my words and my hand went numb. It was one of those fluke kind of things that would only happen to me.

Like the time my suitcase became unbalanced and the whole thing cost me a rib.

Or, the time I was walking in a parking lot and I fell down and sprained my ankle. There was no one around, the ground was flat, and I have no idea how I did it.

In any case, We got home last night in time for Iolani to try her first solid foods and to celebrate New Years.

I hate to say it, but Iolani hated her first bit of solids. She was already fussy to begin with. Maybe we should have tried it at another time. Alex tried to give her formula-downed rice cereal. She wasn’t having any of it. In fact, I’m pretty sure she got up from her high chair, called the hospital and asked for new parents.

I exaggerate. She used my cell phone from the kitchen table.

She does like the high chair the Bosses bought. Actually, she loves it. She’s high enough that she can push from the table, or watch us eat. Hopefully she will soon enjoy eating and push Alex and I from the table.

In other B/C news, Alex has come down with a cold. He rarely gets sick, but when he does, OMG watch out. Not “watch out” in a drama queen kind of way, but he really gets sick. He’s got a fever right now, and I’m having a hard time convincing him sleep is his friend.

In fact, (knock on wood) the two ½ days of resting probably helped me ward off the cold. That’s what I’m sticking with.

Although, I’d be wiling to trade the cold in order to know what happened Sunday night.

No comments: