We were invited to a party in Mid-Wilshire, and we arrived home at about 1 a.m.
When we entered into our building, here's what happened next:
1) The lobby was full of obviously underaged drunken college students. I say obvious because the words of "duuuuuuuude" and "Oh, I'm so druuuuuuuuunk" flowed much like the cheap beer from the 2nd and 3rd floors.
2) The elevator door opened and a woman emerged having just puked all over the elevator floor, and she covered her mouth looking like round two was just below her tonsils.
3) Rather than head up the puked in elevator, Alex and I headed for the stairs. However, we had to wait for a short time as a group of twenty-somethings headed down, all helping each other...all saying the same thing as #1 (referencing dude and I'm so....)
4) As we headed up the stairs, we stopped at the third floor because we wanted to see what was making so much noise in the lightwell. It look like the loft off to the left had been turned into a Boston Pub, a full stage, band, and audience was in full force.
5) We got up to our loft, put on pajamas, watched a little Law and Order.
6) At 3 a.m., our next door neighbor's party was in full swing. The music was so loud our pictures rattled.
7) At 4:20 a.m. we called the building security. They came up stairs, asked the neighbors to turn down their stereo. That lasted all of ten minutes.
8) At 4:40 a.m. we called the police to report an excessive noise complaint.
9) at 5:01 a.m. the police arrived, knocked on the neighbor's door, and announced the party to be over.
10) at 5:30 a.m. the music volume went up again.
The neighbor's stereo is still loud (and its 2 p.m.) and you can even hear the conversations next door. We've contacted our building management well over 10 times about this, and yet...the new neighbor's still playing his loud music.
I'm tired and a bit cranky.