Email Software Doing The Job

A a year ago, I walked away from my email in tears. I was upset that I was getting a good deal of "I hate Ginny Case" emails. It wasn't just "Ginny's Dumb" or "She's Stupid", but rather these were emails that doubted my sincerity in volunteering for Green Party activities. I decided that I would take back the email that comes my way, by creating a "bounce" list. I wanted certain people to know that while I got your email, I didn't read your email. I figured that people needed to know that while it was received, and the email address you sent it to was correct, that I was done listening to what they had to say. At least until I saw some evidence that individual was capable of more professional communication.

So, I set up the bounce list to reply to emails where my email address was included in the distribution list, that someone on the distribution list was an unwanted sender. It didn't call out who was the "offender", so I figure it wouldn't cause too much stir.

It's been a year since I set that up. And, I got this email today.

No, Gary - Not ignorant. Just managing my email. I'm sure that if you contacted my ISP, they will get right on whatever you have to offer. I don't issue that as a challenge, just a point of fact.

I don't consider the replies harassment or abuse.

So, as far as I can tell - the email software is doing it's job.

Thanks to Nan for letting me know about Gary's email. But, as far as I can tell - I don't need to change anything.


Begin forwarded message:
From: Nan
Date: May 11, 2006 8:59:14 AM PDT
To: Ginny-Marie Case
Subject: Nan to Ginny

Although you may not care, I send this to you to do with as you choose. If you are bouncing Gary N. only, I completely understand. If you are bouncing the AC list, why not set to 'no mail' or just unsubscribe?

Anyway, just for your information. 

take care

Nan Garrett

--- Gary Novosielski wrote:

From: "Gary Novosielski"
Subject: Fwd: Re: [GPUS-Accreditation] FW:
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:28:53 -0400

This repeated reply to everything I send to this or any usgp list is nothing but harrasment and abuse by Ginny-Marie Case.

Only a complete ignorance of nettiquette and e-mail configuration rules would lead someone to put an automatic reply on a
listserve address.   If you don't want to read my posts, by all means delete them, but you do not have the right to harrass me for posting to this listserve.  If anyone here is a friend of Ms. Case, they may want to advise her to fix her mail software before I take action with her ISP.

Gary Novosielski


On 5/9/06, Ginny-Marie Case wrote:

**********************
This is an automated message.
*********************
Please be aware this email was sent to, or is from an unwanted email sender.
**********************
This message was deleted without being read.
**********************
END MESSAGE
**********************

No comments: