Drawback to iPods

When I would drive home from work I would have 15 - 20 minutes to sing to myself. I am not a very good singer, and half the time I don't get the words right. I dont know why I sing in the car.

I do know why I don't sing on the train, on the bus, or walking in between. Because I am not a very good singer, and half the time I don't get the words right. :-)

I have to make a conscious effort not to sing. It doesn't matter if I have the ipod... I know the words to more than half of the Ani DiFranco album collection. I hear a phrase, or I'm reminded of a time I was listening to a song.

I might start humming the words and then as soon as you know it I am singing "perpetrating counter culture, she was walking through the park."

If I catch it, I'm okay. This happens most days. I catch myself 3-4 phrases in.

However my fear is about the day I will walk through Union Station, singing and twirling to "Out Of Range".

Oh well. Worse things can happen...like no one paying attention.

No comments: