Reunions

I want to go to Venice. Ever been? That's okay. If you watch the first couple of scenes from The Italian Job, you can begin to understand what a nice place it is.

Alex's 10-year high school reunion is right around the corner. I have to come up with "cocktail attire" - which is my second least favorite attire. He mentioned that a few of his friends don't feel like attending the party-portion of the reunion, and I can't blame them.

It wasn't that high school was a bad time, I just don't feel compelled to go back. Like a good movie, watching it a second time...you know the good parts, you know what to expect, and the ending is just around the corner. I didn't go to my high school reunion for a couple of reasons:

1) I wanted to stay at the Alderbrook Inn and there were no rooms available during the time of the reunion. I didn't want to stay at the Belfair Motel.

2) Ginger wasn't going to go.

3) Most of the people that I want to talk to, I've already been talking to.

It's not that I didn't want Alex to meet people who knew me in high school. I didn't want to hear about how my quest to save trees is going (which I never said I was into saving trees...although it's a honorable quest), how my family is doing (they all live close to town, so why not ask them), and where do I live now (don't you read my blog?).

No comments: