I finally connected with friends Jeff and Lynne last night. I met them back in 2000 while working for the Medea Benjamin campaign for U.S. Senate. Jeff lives in town, Highland Park. I pass his house almost every night on my way home on the train. Lynne, lives everywhere. When she comes into town, its difficult to coordinate schedules, but eventually - a connection is made.

When I got out of work, they were at Fig and Ave 57, eating at a restaurant that they visited during Medea's campaign, but that I found when working on Peter Camejo's first run for governor. Jimbaugh would meet Alex and I there and we would strategize for our next steps in the exhaling campaign.

So, maybe this particular blog entry is about how I love Highland Park. But, I don't have much to write about it.

Actually, the bigger news is that I have finally seen Star Wars: Episode IV - The New Hope! I don't know why, but I never got around to seeing the "earlier" episodes of Star Wars. Lack of time, lack of interest? Dunno, and this point I don't care. The cool thing is that I've seen the death star, I watched Luke and Lea kiss (Which is so gross on many levels), and I watched Darth Vader aka Annekin let Luke know that he was his father.

I'm trying to watch the last episode, in fact I've got it in the laptop right now. I want to watch it very badly. I'm not sure how all this ends, or does it end with a "..."? Probably many of you in BlogLand know how Star Wars ends. That doesn't help that fact that while I sit here wishing that I could just put my headphones on and spend the rest of the trip hearing the Empire's Death March....which continues to play over and over and over in my head.

I would like to point out that I'm watching them in numerical order. I saw episode 1, 2, and 3 first. I saw them in the theater, and enjoyed them. Maybe because I say them in order, I was more willing to watch the later episodes? Maybe just like growing up, Star Wars is just one of those things you have to do. Oh...can't I just double click on the icon?

Finally, as I begin to close down this blog entry of many topics, I will add this...I love the fact that while I'm sitting on the train, on my way to work, I can type out my blog entry. Once I get to work, I'll post it for you all to see. I can't wait until the trains get Wi-Fi, then I can do email, surf the web, and visit www.perezhilton.com a gazillion times before I sit down and start dealing grants.

I wish that Wi-Fi was everywhere. It's not that it would make life easier, because it would...you know...you could sit at the train station waiting for ...um the train... remember to pay your phone bill. Open up your laptop and use your bank's billpay. Or, check movie times. Or, order groceries. Or email your brother who's playing chef on a submarine. Or, buy iTunes. Or, spend you money on useless crap at www.thinkgeek.com.

Either way, I want more Wi-Fi and I'm willing to sell out to get it. Okay, not willing...but open to it!

Happy Friday...now go get some coffee.

No comments: